Monday, February 8, 2016

Yes, you can nominate my stories!

Since I'm a newly published writer my name doesn't immediately pop into people's minds when considering what and whom to nominate for awards like the Nebula and Hugo. That's why I'm going to come right out and say it. Yes, I have eligible works and yes, you can put them on your ballot if you think they're worthy.


My eligible works are:
Short Stories:
"The Void Around the Sword's Edge" -- Fiction River: Pulse Pounders, Kobo Special Edition

"Blood Moon Carnival" -- Fiction River: Alchemy and Steam


Related Work:
The Complete Newbie's Guide to Book Signings Parts 1 and 2 -- Ninja Keyboard Blog

And even though I don't have a snowball's chance of winning, I am eligible for the Campbell Award (not a Hugo).


If you haven't read any of these I highly recommend that you do so before putting any of these on your ballot(s). I don't want anyone to put me on their ballot(s) if they don't believe that I belong there.

Since we're talking about nomination worthy works, here's some other things that I read last year that I loved and are eligible.

Novels (and a short story collection):
The Grace of Kings by Ken Liu
Shadows of Self by Brandon Sanderson
Blue Yonders, Grateful Pies and Other Fanciful Feasts by Ken Scholes

Short Stories:
"Pennies for Portent" by Diana Benedict -- Fiction River: Alchemy and Steam
"Rites of Zosimos" by Angela Penrose -- Fiction River: Alchemy and Steam

No comments:

Post a Comment