Monday, March 17, 2014

I'm editing and not pulling my hair out

Sigh.

I still have too many things to do. I finished one edit and crossed one business item off my lengthy to do list. Since this is my only free day this week I'll be spending most of it offline so I can finish the first polishing pass on the story for Pulse Pounders. I need to send it to Kevin soon. I'm actually enjoying the edits and polishing passes this time -- probably because I'm still full of first sale excitement. It's also really gratifying to know that my work only needs a little tweak here and there to make it right for these anthologies. I can't remember if I've mentioned this before but I really had no idea that my writing really  could hold it's own when compared to my published peers. It's a revelation that's still sinking in but it also may be what's making these edits easier. I don't have to stress and wonder if the changes I'm making are the right ones. If I err, my editor will tell me and I'll go back and fix it. Simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment